Friday 9 April 2010

The Voigt has Länded

Ok, so the title is an absolutely terrible pun, but I wanted to let you guys know that my 1932 Voigtländer Brilliant arrived yesterday.  I haven't had much time to play with it yet, but after building a basic contraption, I did get a quick shot last night.

So here is my first TTV picture. Nothing fancy at all.  It's my D200 (complete with Jaffa Cakes in the background), shot with my D300s via the Voigtländer Brilliant.


Now, I did cheat a little bit with the lighting.  We have energy saving light bulbs in our living room, and even going down manually to 2500K, it was still a little bit warm.  So, I fired up an SB-900 and bounced it off the ceiling. :)

I thought my Kodak Brownie Reflex had arrived a couple of days ago too, but on opening up the box, I discovered that the seller had accidentally sent me the wrong camera.  So I taped it back up, returned it and they're going to refund my return shipping costs and send me out the right one (so nice to see sellers on eBay that will do the right thing and fix a situation quickly).

So, the Brownie Reflex and Duaflex II cameras are still on their way.  I'll probably hold off on experimenting further with TTV until all three are safely in my hands, and I can have a good play with all of them, but I'll be sure to keep you guys updated, and inundated with terrible photos, until I figure out what I'm doing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment