Tuesday 1 June 2010

Updated : What's in the bag?

In my previous "What's in the bag?" post, I listed the equipment that I would usually take out with me when going off to shoot.  Since then, things have changed a little bit; I've picked up a few more bits and pieces and I now have far more equipment than I can easily carry on the train I often use to get to various locations throughout the country.

So, my bag packing styles have changed (and I now have four bags from which to choose the most suitable for a given job).  Which bag(s) I use, and what goes into them now varies from job to job, and I will be showing you some of that equipment over the coming weeks, along with some information on why I chose particular items.

If I can't justify why something should be in my bags, I shouldn't be taking it with me!

First off I will be starting with my new camera backpack, the Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW; A much smaller, lighter and more convenient solution than the Cyberpack 6 for those less demanding tasks, such as shooting recon pics and mockups with a friend or assistant while scouting locations.  Handy for the occasional day out at the zoo with my wife too. :)

It may be a small bag, but it can still fit two bodies (with grips), 3 or 4 lenses, an SB-900 flash and a couple of extra bits and pieces.  So, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment