Thursday 25 February 2010

Been a boring few days, but the weekend's looking up!

This week's been a little slow and boring for me. I decided that I was going to take the week off from the regular hustle and bustle of daily life and just stay at home with my feet up watching the TV, and what a great week it's been. :)

I did discover a new site this week though, TFPModels, and I shall be doing my first group shoot with organised with them this weekend at the beautiful Victoria Baths in Manchester.  The baths were closed down in 1993, but the local population has been fighting to keep this building alive and it is currently undergoing restoration to bring it back to its former glory.  You can find out more information about the baths and their restoration, as well as support the restoration efforts at the Victoria Baths website.

Also, I received a tweet this morning, as I'm sure many of you did out there, from Chase Jarvis letting us know about the next CJLive event happening today.  I missed a big chunk of the last one and only really caught it as things were winding down, but I expect it to be a fun filled day with lots of information, tips, and inspiration if the last one was anything to go by. It all kicks off at 10am Pacific Time (that's west coast USA), which is about 6pm for us folks in the UK.  Let's hope they've sorted out the audio issues this time. :)

I'm going to be away for the next couple of days and won't be back until Sunday's shoot.  This people shooting stuff is all relatively new to me still, as humans haven't been the primary subject of my images for the past 10 years or so that I've been a slave to Nikon.  But, it's a great looking venue and the models scheduled to be there are all absolutely gorgeous, so I hope to have at least a few decent images to show off next week.

Image courtesy of wingalls.photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment